[Tutor] which version do i have and how do i change it

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:14:07 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 09:05:44 Alan Gauld wrote:
> You might need to ensure that you have at least 1 version of Python2 around
> because a lot of Linux tools are still written in v2 and might break if you
> uninstall all v2 versions...

Thanks for that, Alan.  I knew that I had Python 2 by default and did not have
to install it, but had not queried why.  I clearly should have.  I should
also, of course, check whether something is a dependancy of something else
before suggesting its removal. :-(  Luckily, if he used a package manager of
any kind, it would have warned him that it is a dependancy of various
packages.

If it was already on the system , I wonder why the OP needed to install it?

Lisi