[Tutor] return values function

Lea Parker lea-parker at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 22 08:59:18 CEST 2011

Hello

I am hoping someone can put me on the right track. The code below includes
the assignment question at the beginning.

I seem to have been able to calculate average ok, but what I can't seem to
do is sort it so it will return a grade for each result.

Can you give me some advice to head me in the right direction please. My
code is:

"""Write a program that asks the user to enter 5 sets tests scores. The
program

should then display the 'letter grade' (A, B, C, D, F) for each test score,
and

the overall average test schore. Write the following functions in the
program:

* Calc_average: This function should take five test scores as parameters,
and

return the average score.

*determine_grade; this function should take a single test score as a
parameter,

and return a letter grade for the test. The letter grade should be on the

following grade scale: 90-100: A, 80-89: B, 70-79: C, 60-69: D, <60: F."""

def main():

    #Get users first test result

    test1 = int(raw_input('Enter the score for test 1: '))

    #Get users second test result

    test2 = int(raw_input('Enter the score for test 2: '))

    #Get users third test result

    test3 = int(raw_input('Enter the score for test 3: '))

    #Get users forth test result

    test4 = int(raw_input('Enter the score for test 4: '))

    #Get users fifth test result

    test5 = int(raw_input('Enter the score for test 5: '))

    #Get the sum of the test results

    cal_average = sum(test1, test2, test3, test4, test5)/5

    #Display the total of tests

    print 'Together your tests average is: ', cal_average

    print 'Your grade is: ', grade

    # The sum function to total all tests

def sum(test1, test2, test3, test4, test5):

    result = test1 + test2 + test3 + test4 + test5

    return result

def determine_grade(score):

    #Determine the grade for each score

    if score <101 and score >89: