[Tutor] wxPython issues

Eric Stevens element.effect at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:02:08 CEST 2011

I am trying to create an addressbook program and am currently  working on
prototype pages. Right now, I am trying to create a wx.ScrolledWindow class
with a wx.ListCtrl to display the names of all contacts. I keep running into
an error with my current configuration that is stating I have not specified
the 'parent' position when instantiating my class, but from my best
understanding, I have. (The full Exception Error is below). I have attatched
a text file with a copy of my program. I am new at this, so I am sure my
program is not optimal, so I would also appreciate any further advice or
comments if you have the time. Thank you.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\programming\wxPython practice", line 34, in <module>
    frame= RandomFrame(None, -1, 'Random')
  File "C:\Python27\programming\wxPython practice", line 29, in __init__
    listpage = ScrolledWindow(panel, -1)
  File "C:\Python27\programming\wxPython practice", line 9, in __init__
    wx.ScrolledWindow.__init__(self)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_windows.py",
line 145, in __init__

 _windows_.ScrolledWindow_swiginit(self,_windows_.new_ScrolledWindow(*args,
**kwargs))
TypeError: Required argument 'parent' (pos 1) not found