[Tutor] Serial communication ...

Markus Hubig mhubig at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:26:47 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM, André da Palma <andrefsp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last year i was working with serial communication as well and there is
> already a library for python, i guess it's pySerial. Try to google it,
> perhaps

it can be useful for you.

Yes you're totally right! And that's the package im using im my posted code,
but im about to customize Serial class a litte bit. My code actually starts
with:

from serial import Serial, SerialExceptionfrom serial import
EIGHTBITS, PARITY_ODD, STOPBITS_TWO

And inherits from serial.Serial:

class SerialDevice(Serial):    def __init__(self,port):
Serial.__init__(self)

And serial is the module name of pyserial <http://pyserial.sourceforge.net>

How did you sense the end the stuff you're receiving via the serial line?

- Markus

--
Can't read my mail? Just don't hold it that way!