[Tutor] Simple Python Problem

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 22:39:23 CEST 2010

>Other than changing the input() to raw_input() for Python 2 compatibility,
>

> And of course you can do that using
>
> input = raw_input
>

> > the following statement could be added to the beginning of the program
> > to allow your Python 2 program to use the Python 3 style print function.
>
> from __future__ import print_function
>
> That would help.
> I wonder if we could create a module that would make v2.7 simulate v3 to
> a close degree? hmm... And is it sensible to try, should we not perhaps
> just accept the difference?
>
> Alan G.
>
>  Ah!  I did not know that input = raw_input would work, thanks!

I am sure someone could create such.  However, to me, it would be more
sensible to just program in v3.  I have decided to code in only v3 since I
do not have any previous code base to maintain and am still very much in
learning mode.   It seems that some of the more popular external modules
such as NumPy and PyGame are also now v3 compatible.

By the way, even though I am far from proficient with Python, it has already
become a useful tool for me at work!

-Bill