[Tutor] Pyserial and invalid handle

John Smith jocjo.s at verizon.net
Tue Nov 30 03:21:56 CET 2010

On 11/29/2010 5:56 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
(snip)
> Hmmm... any chance you don't have administrative rights on the account
> performing this? I never got to Win7 (having stopped at XP) but I know
> it's got a reputation for excessive permission asking.

You're right about that. It's like Win7 is paranoid. But, it tells me
when I need to supply administrative permission. Some day I'll find the
button that tells the system that nobody else uses this computer and to
shut up and get on with it.

> Otherwise, I'd take this up on the main list. Chris Liechti, the
> [author|current maintainer|significant contributor] of pyserial monitors
> that list and would probably be interested in diagnosing what you're
> describing. You could also ask him as per the 'send me a message' link
> on his sourceforge page at
>
> http://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=403744
>
> Emile

I'll consider that, Emile. First, though, I would like to hear from
Walter again after my last post.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
John