[Tutor] Fw: Installing Pyserial for Python27 on Win 7

John Smith jocjo.s at verizon.net
Tue Nov 23 04:02:56 CET 2010

So, let's see....

Serial communications does not come with Python so a separate package
has to be installed. Okay, but the pyserial Windows installer will not
work in Windows 7 and will not be fixed. So, a source install is
required. I _assume_ the source is the one that is a tar.gz thingy.
Since Windows will not handle the unpacking of that, I have to install a
decompressor/unpacker to do it. Then I can finally get around to
installing the serial package. Maybe. Unless I run into a similar
problem because of Win 7 or because pyserial is 32-bit.

I think it is better that I stop now before I install a bunch of extra
applications that I need only to install one or two Python modules.

I like Python itself. Very powerful. But I guess I'll look for some
other language which provides the features I need without the hassle.
Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
John