[Tutor] Recommend a MVC framework

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Sun Nov 14 23:28:04 CET 2010

* Evert Rol <evert.rol at gmail.com> [101114 12:12]:
> Django can run be run through mod_wsgi (or mod_python if you
> really want). And other web servers than Apache will also work.

> Don't know what you mean with "shared server", but if you mean
> multiple accounts running their web apps through one Apache
> server, that can work (provided Apache is correctly configured).
  By "shared server", I mean a hosting situation where I would not
  be able to configure Apache. An example would be my own ISP's
  servers, which I avoid doing development work on *but* I just
  might have to.

> It'll also depend on your needs, but since you don't specify any,
> I'd suggest to look at Django first: http://www.djangoproject.com/
  Actually, :) I *have* looked at django and I've considered it to have the
  greatest appeal. In fact, for most of my deployment environments I
  have SSH and root access. Django would be my first choice in that
  case, however, I would like to consider other cases as well, thus
  my question regarding "shared server".

  From
  http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Django-Development-Second/dp/143021936X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289772638&sr=1-2
  Can you comment on the following exerpt of the third review, where
  the reviewer says:
  """
   one on deployment makes little mention of the fact that there's
   not really any good way to get Django running smoothly without
   root access to the server--something a lot of people do not
   have--and they actually expect their users to run TWO
   servers--one for Django and one for everything else, like image
   files.
  """
  Thank you for the response.
--