[Tutor] Looking for a tutor to review my code and provideconstructive feedback.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 5 19:28:28 CET 2010

"Glen Clark" <glenuk at gmail.com> wrote

> Really useful feedback, I will note the points highlighted for my
> next
> mini-project. I feel it is important that I am writing proper code
> before
> moving onto learning modules and such.

I wouldn't sweat over it. Modules are at the heart of Python and
restricting
yourself to the core language should not be necessary. Learning the
modules
and what they can do for you is at least as important as getting every
last
idiom perfect - after all, a lot of that stuff is ultimately a matter
of personal
style and taste.

Readable code is a great target, but (re)using modules rather than
writing
from scratch is another way to make your code both more readable and
more reliable.

Regards,

--
Alan Gauld