[Tutor] Unable to run a simple Hello.py in WinXP

Sivapathasuntha Aruliah Sivapathasuntha.Aruliah at amkor.com
Tue May 18 02:40:48 CEST 2010

Hi Yashwin
When I run the hello.py from it's location by double clicking it shows an
error with the pop up window C:\Python31\python.exe is not a valid win32
application.
When I give the command from IDLE then it says SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Which can be seen from Python Shell. Please analyse.

Regards,
Siva
Test Equipment Engineering
Amkor Technology (S) Pte Ltd
1 Kaki Bukit View
#03-28 TechView Building
Singapore 415941
Tel: (65) 6347 1131
Fax: (65) 6746 4815

Yashwin Kanchan <yashwinkanchan at gmail.com>

05/18/2010 03:28 AM

Sivapathasuntha Aruliah/S1/AAWW at Amkor
cc
tutor at python.org
Subject
Re: [Tutor] Unable to run a simple Hello.py in WinXP

Hi Siva

This looks more of issue with the python installation on your PC.

Could be a bad installation, in which case I would suggest re-installation
of python.
Also it could be something to do with permission on your PC.

Also you say that you were successful in running the script on python
shell.
Could you please tell us do you mean IDLE or the python command prompt?In
either case please tell us how do you to initiate the shell on your
machine.

Regards
Yashwin Kanchan

On 17 May 2010 09:05, Sivapathasuntha Aruliah <