[Tutor] updating python on a mac

Karl Jansson janssonks at gmail.com
Sun May 16 23:22:13 CEST 2010

I downloaded python 3.1.2 for the mac, and I don't know how to make it
so that when I type "python" in the terminal that I get python 3.1.2
instead of 2.5.1, which came with my mac.

In the instructions, it says to "update shell profile" but when I do
that I get the following message, and nothing gets updated:

/Applications/Python\ 3.1/Update\ Shell\ Profile.command ; exit;
This script will update your shell profile when the 'bin' directory
of python is not early enough of the PATH of your shell.
These changes will be effective only in shell windows that you open
after running this script.
All right, you're a python lover already
logout