[Tutor] First steps for C++/Qt developers

M. Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmx.com
Wed May 12 13:09:05 CEST 2010

Hi All,

This is my first post and I want to set a plan for learning python
syntax within 2 weeks.

I'm C++/Qt desktop developer and I want to learn python for creating
rapid web applications so I read some articles about that and I found
that django is suitable framework -I guess- but I still need some info
to complete my plan then applying it.

   1.  From where I can start python by examples for C++ developers (I
      don't want documentation tutorials cuz I need simple tutorials
      compares between C++ & python syntax just at start point)?
   2. What's most IDE like Qt Creator (smart code completing is very
      important to me)?
   3. One of most different -I guess- between PHP & ASP.net is separated
      html code, does python separates html code or not?
   4. Do I need any pre knowledge about CGI principles before stating
      developing web application with python?
   5. Does django provide rapid framework for web applications just like
      Qt? or you suggest better framework (I don't want to create web
      applications from scratch)?
   6. What's most suitable packaging tool (deploying desktop
      applications) for Windows OS?
   7. Does the period of 2 week enough for learning python syntax &
      basics of web developing?
   8. Does any one tested an experience just like me (learning a new
      language within short period could be crazy ;-) )?

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi