[Tutor] (no subject)

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Wed May 12 03:50:00 CEST 2010

Sivapathasuntha Aruliah wrote:
> Hi
> I am learning Python. When I tried to run any of the program for example
> csv2html1_ans.py it displays the following message. This error is coming
> on both Python24 & Python 31. That is whether i give the any one of the
> following command
>
> COMMAND GIVEN
> 1.C:\python24\python.exe C:\py3eg\quadratic.py
> 2.C:\python31\python.exe C:\py3eg\quadratic.py
>
> A message below appears with the program name. Please advice me how to get
> over from this issue
> ERROR MESSAGE
> command  C:\py3eg\csv2html1_ans.py is not a valid Win32 application
>
> Regards,
> Siva
> Test Equipment Engineering
> Amkor Technology (S) Pte Ltd
> 1 Kaki Bukit View
> #03-28 TechView Building
> Singapore 415941
> Tel: (65) 6347 1131
> Fax: (65) 6746 4815

Please copy and paste the actual contents of your DOS box, rather than
paraphrasing.  COMMAND hasn't been the normal shell name since Win95
days.  You can't use numbers in front of commands in any shell I've
used.  The error message refers to a different file than anything you
specified in your commands.

What OS are you using?

DaveA