[Tutor] pydoc?

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 20:19:23 CEST 2010

On 6/18/2010 1:53 PM, Andrew Martin wrote:
> Hey, everyone, I am new to programming and just downloaded Python 2.6
> onto my windows vista laptop. I am attempting to follow 4.11 of the
> tutorial called "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
> Python v2nd Edition documentation"
> (http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/ch04.html).
> However, I am having some trouble. I am trying to use pydoc to search
> through the python libraries installed on my computer but keep getting
> an error involving the $ symbol.

It is good that you keep getting it. Consistency is valuable.

> $ pydoc -g
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Where are you typing this?

Where did you get the idea that $ pydoc -g is a valid thing to do?

In what way does this relate to the tutorial?

What OS are you using?

Please learn to ask "good" questions - which in this case means to tell
us a lot more about what you are doing.

Please also reply-all so a copy of your reply goes to the tutor list.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239