[Tutor] Help with choices for new database program

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 3 01:40:20 CEST 2010

"Chris C." <filtera at gmail.com> wrote

> rewrite one of my Access dbs (one that does our finances) into a
> stand-alone
> Python database program using SQLite.  I know I'll be learning as I
> go, but
> that'll work, I'm not in a big hurry and I'll work on it in my spare
> time.

If its a database focused app I'd take a look at Dabo.
It has a GUI builder but also has links to database tables etc.

http://dabodev.com/

I've only played with it briefly (followed the tutorial) since I don't
do much
database work in Python but it did look like a good tool for data
centric
desktop GUI based apps.

HTH,

--