[Tutor] email module, convert non multipart to multipart message

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Tue Jan 26 02:55:53 CET 2010

Is there a simple way to convert a MIMENonMultipart message parsed into a
MIMEMultipart message?

My goal is to take a message from the TouchTerm iPhone App with an openssh
public key that has been mangled by intervening mailers, and convert it
into a multipart message with the original text in one part and the cleaned
up key as an application/base64 part that can be easily saved by a non-
technical user.

I have written a routine that does this by creating a new multipart
container, copying all (well almost all) the headers into the new container
then attaching the original body and the clean key, but I think there ought
to be a neater way.

Thanks.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him.  -- Robert Heinlein