[Tutor] Python workspace - IDE and version control

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 19 01:29:32 CET 2010

"Matthew Lee" <mlee3891 at gmail.com> wrote

>I usually just use NetBeans or the Python IDLE.
> I prefer to use NetBeans because it's easier to change and modify code
> and
> test. And also because I like to use Jython.
>
> Anything wrong with my setup?

If it works for you then its fine.
IDEs, editors etc are all very personal choices and everyone is different.
I used Netbeans for a while and preferred it to Eclipse at the time, but I
use
Eclipse because its what we have to use at work and consistency outweighs
the slight advantages I found in Netneans. If you don;t have that
constraint
use whatever you find works best for you!

Alan G