[Tutor] Verifying My Troublesome Linkage Claim between Python and Win7

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 28 10:01:29 CET 2010

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote
> incoherency.  For what it's worth, and that's about zero, I'm working
> with my old XP and W7 machine's keyboards, mice and monitors
> side-by-side. I have several times found my self using the wrong device.

In that situation I find it useful to make the old environment as hostile
as possible.
So I'd make the resolution on the XP box something like 800x600 and set the
wallpaper to a garish colour like red. That way I never mistake which
machine
I'm on!

FWIW I do the same with the root account on Unix boxes...

That makes sure I spend as little time as possible in the environment
that I don't want to stay in.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld