[Tutor] strange bidi requirement

rick rdole1 at cogeco.ca
Wed Feb 24 17:34:02 CET 2010

I'm trying to write a math quiz program that replicates an old book on
arithmetic.

when it comes to summing a long column, I need to read the answer from
the user, one digit at a time.

so, if the answer should be something like

14238.83

I would need to read the .03, then the .8, and so on.   I figure all
strings, cast to int  (well, for this example, float).  Would this be
easier if I learned some GUI programming?   Can it be done at all in
just console?

I'd post some code, but I'm completely clueless on this one.  RTFM
replies are welcome, just point me to the section I need to read!

thanks,
Rick