[Tutor] project euler prime factorization problem

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 30 02:19:47 CEST 2010

"Nick" <nblack3 at student.gsu.edu> wrote

>   I didn't call the functions in the program because I was
> calling them myself in the interpreter after running it.

I assume you mean after importing it?
Running a program is generally taken to mean executing the script as
a standalone program. To execute the internal functions one has to
import the file as a module.

> ...know if that is the way everyone else programs,

Its a good way of developing code because you get instant feedback
but its not a comprehensive or reliable way to test code, for that you
are better creating a set of systematic tests checking upper and
lower boundaries as well as midrange and out of range values plus
various types of invalid inputs.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld