[Tutor] flow problem with a exercise

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 21:44:52 CEST 2010

On 8/19/10, Roelof Wobben <rwobben at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have this exercise:
>

> Now write the function is_odd(n) that returns True when n is odd and False
> otherwise. Include doctests for this function as you write it.
> Finally, modify it so that it uses a call to is_even to determine if its
> argument is an odd integer.
>

> So I thought of this :
>

> def is_even(argument):
>     remainder= argument%2
>     if remainder == 0 :
>         return True
>     else :
>         return False
>

> def is_odd(argument):
>   uitkomst=is_even(argument)
> return uitkomst
The above line, the return statement, has to be indented; it did not
appear to be in your email. Also, maybe you want to return the
opposite of is_even in is_odd? Right now it looks like you are going
to get something like:
is_odd(3): is_even(3)=False, so is_odd(3) will echo that False. Maybe
return !uitkomst instead. I could have read it wrong, though.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)