[Tutor] Declaring methods in modules.

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Sun Apr 11 14:30:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am working on some stuff, and I would like to be able to write a
module which can be imported, and after it's been imported I would like
to be able to access it's functions as methods.

In other words, if I do the import of module ISPdetector, I want to then
be able to make calls like the following -

    ipAddress = "123.123.123.123"
    emails = ipAddress.GetEmailAddresses()

where GetEmailAddresses() is defined in module ISPdetector. Do I just
wite that function in ISPdetector.py as a normally deffed function, or
does it have to be part of a class within the module?

Thanks for any help you can be.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Linux dpkg Software Report script set..