[Tutor] Executing a command from a specific directory

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:51:09 CEST 2009

Ansuman Dash wrote:
> I am downloading files using various command (because files are
> different) meant for a executable.

What is "various commands"? Are you using wget/curl or similar
command-line downloader programs? Or are you using a python-based script
(that uses urllib)? Or are you using a GUI-based downloader?

Then how do you invoke those "various commands"? Are you using a
separate python and subprocess/popen to invoke them? Or are you using
shell script? Or do you start them manually?

> So I have created event driven program to download these files one by
> one. But some files are very huge so I want to know how can I
> synchronize it with my code.

Can you modify this "event driven program" so it would call your script
when the files finished downloading?