[Tutor] Pyduino

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 8 19:57:11 CEST 2009

"Wayne" <srilyk at gmail.com> wrote

>> Yes, this is true, but he was asking to use Python *instead* of the
>> Arduino
>> language.  I really don't think it's too hard to learn the language,
>> it's
>> really straightforward.
>
> I'll echo that sentiment. Just following the tutorials you can pretty
> much
> figure out everything you need to know. It's basically a simplified
> version
> of C++.

caveat, if you don't know C or C++ there is a huge mountain of things to
learn in migrating from Python. If you already know any C-like langfuage
then the Arduino language is straightforward but from Python alone
you suddenly have braces and semi colons and type definitions and
a welter of other details to learn and understand.

I've only browsed the docs so am no expert but it looks like a pretty
close clone of C with some C++ bits added. But thats a big jump
from Python.

But arguably to get the most out of a tool like Arduino you probably
do need a language like C vthat is conceptuially closer to the machine
than to the user....

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site