[Tutor] Do you use unit testing?

Jeff R. Allen jra at nella.org
Mon Nov 16 23:17:25 CET 2009

> As a discipline - work out what we want to test, write the test, watch
> it fail, make it pass - I find this a very productive way to think and
> work.

There's an emotional aspect too. Keeping a positive aspect keeps up
flow, and seeing tests go from failing to passing feels really good.
Making a change you're not completely confident in and seeing tests
start failing immediately is also quite nice .. you immediately feel
how close to correct the change in question is, and if it's worth
fixing up or is leading you the wrong direction and should be reverted
allowing you to take another stab at it.

  -jeff