[Tutor] IDLE shortcut doesn't exist except for in the Start Menu

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed May 27 01:22:00 CEST 2009

"Gregory Morton" <tyetheczar at hotmail.com> wrote

> Looking in the directory for Python, I see no real sign
> of IDLE anywhere in it.

Look at the properties of the start menu item.

It should show the shortcut points to something like:

C:\Python25\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw

> Is there any logic behind why I can't access IDLE without
> relying on the Start Menu?

None whatsoever, because you can. Just use the direct path
that the shortcut uses.

However so far as a USB vsion of Python its not quite
as simple as just copying the folders Thee are some
registry settings that you may need to set too, as well
as the environment variables etc.

But its not rocket science, just non trivial is all.

Alan G.