[Tutor] installation of scipy

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:45:34 CEST 2009

hi!
Bala.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Bala subramanian
<bala.biophysics at gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends
> i installed scipy in fedora10 using yum. when i import stats module in it, i
> got the following warning. someone pls englihten me on this.

> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/sparse/linalg/dsolve/linsolve.py:20:
> DeprecationWarning: scipy.sparse.linalg.dsolve.umfpack will be removed,
> install scikits.umfpack instead
>   ' install scikits.umfpack instead', DeprecationWarning )

deprecation is the way in python through which the developers warn the
user or the other developers that, a certain feature that has been
mentioned, would be removed or not available from the next release.

so as of now, just enjoy & ignore the error. by the next release
cycle, developers of scipy will need remove the deprecated code or use
the suggested packages in the deprecation warning.
> Thanks,
> Bala

Regards,
Arun Tomar