[Tutor] glob in order of the file numbers

Emad Nawfal (عماد نوفل) emadnawfal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 03:52:51 CET 2009

Hi Tutors,
suppose I have four files in the current directory: 1.temp, 2.temp, 3.temp,
and 4.temp. I want to use glob, or anything else, to print the contents of
the files in their respective orders, where the content of 1.temp gets
printed, then 2.temp, then 3.temp, then 4.temp.
I write the following, but it does not get me what I want:

import glob
for path in glob.iglob("*.temp"):
    infile = open(path)
    for line in infile:
        print line.strip()
# This prints
emad at emad-laptop:~/Desktop/TEMP$ python globbing.py
This is four
This is one
This is two
This is three

Could somebody please tell me how to get the output in the right order?

--
لا أعرف مظلوما تواطأ الناس علي هضمه ولا زهدوا في إنصافه كالحقيقة.....محمد
الغزالي

Emad Soliman Nawfal
Indiana University, Bloomington
http://emnawfal.googlepages.com