[Tutor] Python Tutorials: How to create useful programs after learning the syntax?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 01:10:35 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Luis Galvan<cynicalairrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all, this is my first time using a mailing list, so I'm not sure if
> I'm doing this right!  Anyway, I have a wee bit of a problem.  I've recently
> completed watching a Youtube video series on Python 2.6 by thenewboston
> which helped me a TON with learning Python's syntax and how to use some of
> the various builtin modules.  I am very thankful for his tutorials, but the
> only thing that I need is something to help me really grasp onto the world
> of programming. (I'm new to programming)  What I'm looking for is a tutorial
> series that walks you through the steps of writing a useful program in
> Python.

luis,

no sales pitch here (or at least none intended), but if you ever come
across a copy of "Core Python Programming," i've put lots of exercises
at the end of every chapter. not all of them are full-scale
applications, but it is good practice writing snippets of code that at
some point may be plugged *into* an application at some point.

best regards, and welcome to Python!
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com