[Tutor] Simple CGI script and Apache configuration

wormwood_3 wormwood_3 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 15:21:27 CET 2009

Well that did seem to help, at least I get an error now:-)

I changed my config to:

        ScriptAlias /python/ /var/www/samuelhuckins.com/python/

        <Directory /var/www/samuelhuckins.com/python/>
                SetHandler mod_python
                PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
                PythonDebug On
        </Directory>

So I have the / as mentioned on ScriptAlias, and I added what seems to be the lines suggested in all the tutorials I came across. Now when you hit http://trac.samuelhuckins.com/python/hello.py, you get:

Environment not foundWhen I hit the script on the command line, I get back what I think should display fine:

./hello.py

<center>Hello!</center>

I don't see anything in the Apache error logs. Any ideas?

-Sam

Samuel Huckins

Homepage - http://samuelhuckins.com
Tech blog - http://dancingpenguinsoflight.com/
Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/samuelhuckins/
AIM - samushack | Gtalk - samushack | Skype - shuckins

ScriptAlias /python/ "/var/www/samuelhuckins.com/python"

doesn't have a slash at the end. Could that be it?