[Tutor] Python

Philip Cooper philip.enid at tesco.net
Fri Feb 13 11:37:36 CET 2009

Dear Tutor,

I am preparing a data base saving it with pickle.  I want to add additional information to the data base but seem to to have to recover the whole file from disc then add to it and save it again.  Is there and append function within Pickle that will add information to the end of an existing file, similar to the append fuction used with text files, without recovering the file from the disc.  The data file will eventually be quite large and I can see a time coming when there will be a time delay problem.

Look forward to your help,

Regards

Philip cooper