[Tutor] WINSOCK stdin question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 8 10:08:09 CET 2009

> Yes, this is exactly what I am looking to accomplish.
> On one host I have an application that is sending
> cmd.exe to a second host.

OK, how is that application doing that? What port is
it sending the output to on the remote host? You say
CMD.exe but that is the windows shell. There is no
way to direct it to another host directly so how is
this application redirecting cmd.exe? Does it have
a name?

You might need to write two programs, one on the
host computer to run and redirect cmd.exe to the
remote PC and then relay the returned data as
input to CMD.exe as well as another app on the
remote PC to pick up the incoming data and
relay the user input back down the socket.

We need to know a lot more about how this thing
is glued together.

Alan G.