[Tutor] Running two applications at once

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 29 00:32:47 CEST 2009

"Dirk Wangsadirdja" <dirk at pensiun.com> wrote

> Is it possible if I run two applications at once?

Yes, you just run two instances of the python interpreter.
They will happuily run independantly of one another or communicate
with each other as you wish. Its exactly the same as with Java or
Visual Basic or any other interpreter.

> If I can make the application as stand-alone application (executeable
> EXE file - I'm using Windows XP), then there should be no problem. But
> as far that I know, py2exe doesnt support python version 3 yet.

You don;t nered py2exe  just run the two scripts, windows XP will start
two copies of python based on the .py extension.

HTH,

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site