[Tutor] droplet like behaviour in Python

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:18:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Nick Raptis <airscorp at otenet.gr> wrote:

> PS2: I guess I'm starting to deduce that the answer is
> platform/installation specific rather than python/script specific.
>       That turns the question it to a whole new direction for me.

It's probably even more than that - my guess is it's very dependent on the
window manager (or whatever happens to produce your icons, which is usually
the WM). I don't know how different the various WM's are on linux, but I
know there are several to choose from. Having this cross-platform may not be
the easiest thing - you'd probably have to use an os module call to check
the system to determine the proper course of action or something otherwise
technically advanced.

-Wayne