[Tutor] OOPS Problem

sudhanshu gautam sudhanshu9252 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:36:04 CEST 2009

I  am reading python since last 15 days ,read some basics of python , Last
night was reading about the OOPS concepts ,but getting some problems , going
to discuss with you people.

MY CODE :

I made a class with the name student that prints simply name of the student
as well as his roll_no also, pasting code here .

code:

class student:
    def __init__(self,name,roll_no):
        self.name=name
        self.roll_no
        def display(self):
            print 'name',self.name,'roll_no',self.roll_no
            s1=student("sudhanshu",21)
            s2=student("rahul",22)
            s1.display()
            s2.display()

student is a class name

problem 1: Why we always use first method as a __init__
problem 2: why we put first argument as a self inside the __init__
parentheses

if __init__ is a constructor then how it works.

How I can run this code , working on ubuntu : but when write inside the
terminal python filename.py but it shows nothing

regards
password