[Tutor] Setting up server for CGI

btkuhn at email.unc.edu btkuhn at email.unc.edu
Fri Oct 31 04:18:20 CET 2008

I'm not sure what you mean, "What directory do you run from?". I have
the file saved as C:\cgihome\cgi\cgitest.py and I try running it by
typing the following in the URL field:
http://localhost:8000/cgi/cgitest.py . I tried changing the folder name
to cgi-bin and get the same error. It says, "Nothing matches the given
URI", even though the file is saved in the directory specified.

The Python program itself is saved in C:/Python25 but I don't think
this makes a difference, especially since I can't run regular html
files with my server.

Thanks again.