[Tutor] Creating Standalone Executables

Artur Sousa tucalipe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:34:02 CET 2008

Hi. Is there a way to create a user friendly, with a simple GUI, *.py
executable?
The packages I've been trying create executables for doscmd that doesn't
wait for the user to input the required values.
Let me explain: What I'm trying to publish is one single script with various
subscripts defined by functions, so I would end with one single py file, and
when the user opens it, it has to enter a command to acess one of its
features.
However, The doscmd version of python doesn't waits for the users' response,
it just terminates the script.
So, I'd like some information on how to create a simple executable that
allows the user to choose the subscripts he/she wants to run. It doesn't
really need to have a GUI, but something rather than doscmd, if possible...

Thanks in advance.