[Tutor] Should config file parser be in module's __init__.py

Shrutarshi Basu technorapture at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:21:38 CET 2008

I'm working on a module consisting of a number of scripts that handle
communications over a serial connection. I would like someway for the
user to be able to specify which serial port to be used based on a
config file in the same directory as the user's program. Should I
place the parsing system in the module's init.py, considering that the
port will actually be accessed by a different python script in the
same module? How could I then let the other scripts access the port
information obtained by the parser?
Thanks,
Shrutarshi