[Tutor] Working with Python Objects

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:37:13 CET 2008

I've avoided it as long as possible but I've reached a stage where I have to start using Python objects!  The primary reason is that the web framework uses objects and the second is to eliminate a few globals.  Here is example pseudo code followed by the question (one of many I suspect!):

class A:
    constantA = 9
    def OneOfA:
            <do something>
            a = <do something else>

class B:
    variableB = "quick brown fox"
    def OneOfB:
            <do something>
            b = <do something more>
            c = b * a        # the 'a' from def OneOfA in class A

Question:
1) how do I access the 'a' from function (method) OneOfA in class A so that it can be used by functions (methods) in class B?

Cheers

Dinesh