[Tutor] Is "var = None" in Python equivalent to "Set var = Nothing"in VB?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:20:16 CEST 2008

> > Suppose var holds a reference to an objeect, my question is in the subject.
>
>  Pretty much so, yes.
>  There may be very subtle differences due to how Python and VB
>  treat variables but the basic intent is the same

one question i'd like to ask is, in what context is such a line part
of your code? altho alan is correct in that syntactically, they're
very similar, i'm wondering what you're using it for.

the reason why i ask is because it's not standard practice i see
people doing this with Python, so i'm trying to get a better
understanding of what you're trying to do.

thanks!
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com