[Tutor] IDE

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:09:06 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Sean Novak <snovak at snovak.com> wrote:
>> however, is the ability to run the current buffer interactively to a python
>> command line.  Is there a way to set this up in VIM?

I know there's some python what-nots with vim, but I just do one of a
few options:

1) I have two terminal windows open, one with an interactive python
prompt, and the other with vim. I play around with whatever small
commands in the interactive editor when I want to experiment with
something small. When I'm running/testing my script, I just do this:

:w
:!python myscript.py

and it will run your script. That's my most common method, though
sometimes I will just run python from within vim:

:!python

and then exit() the prompt to get back to vim.

I've heard tell there are some other ways, but that's always been
sufficient for me.

-Wayne