[Tutor] thread.error: can't start new thread

Mohit Jain mjain at buzzient.com
Wed Jun 4 20:21:01 CEST 2008

Hello guys,

I am new to python (started programming a week back). I am trying to run a
piece of text analysis code over a database which contain more than
10,000,00 rows. I decided to run the program in a threaded way. So i created
a thread pool. However, code gives me the error

thread.error: can't start new thread.

I am running my code on Fedora Core 3 on VMPlayer. I wanted to know that is
the problem due to less virtual memory allocated to Vmplayer. Is it
dependent on OS or is it a limitation of python itself.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Mohit