[Tutor] Any way of monitoring a python program's memory utilization?

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Thu Jul 17 02:56:32 CEST 2008

On 17/07/2008, Terry Carroll <carroll at tjc.com> wrote:
> ps doesn't show memory usage as far as I can tell (that may be a cygwin
>  thing; I see some references online that suggest it can in some
>  environments).  I don't have top or vmstat, but I'll look into those.

Hmm, yeah, cygwin ps seems quite limited.

tasklist is the Windows version of ps.  You could try something like
'tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq python.exe"', though you'd then have to
parse the output.

There's also the WMIC command, which is apparently extremely powerful.
 Look at http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid14_gci1303709,00.html
for example.

--
John.