[Tutor] crashed with Runtime Error: NZEC (non-zero exit code)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 28 01:33:49 CET 2008

"Eric Brunson" <brunson at brunson.com> wrote
> Alan Gauld wrote:

> Which actually makes it a very good test since thats
> exactly the kind of thing you should be testing for :-)

Note the smiley...

> A test suite that only checks valid data is a bad test.
>
> Testing for valid input seems to be outside the scope of the problem
> definition.  :-)

As I note yours...

However, there is a bit of a serious point here too in that
users never ask for data validation (at least mine never do!)
they just expect it. So I still maintain that any test suite
no matter how basic should always cover some tests
for invalid input data.

Even well intentioned users will make mistakes and a program
that crashes on invalid input is not user friendly - even if the
only user is the author!

Alan G