[Tutor] if ... else shorthand form ?

dave selby dave6502 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:21:41 CET 2008

Hi all,

Returning to python after a brief affair with C++, I have the following code ...

                if (items.has_keys('snapshot_interval')):
                    self.snap_init[i] = items['snapshot_interval']
                else:
                    self.snap_init[i] = 0

I thought Python had a shorthand version of something like ....

                self.snap_init[i] =
(items.has_keys('snapshot_interval'))?items['snapshot_interval']:0

Googled but no luck ... or is it my poor overloaded brain getting confused ?

Cheers

Dave