[Tutor] designing POOP

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:31:19 CET 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 4:58 PM, Eric Brunson <brunson at brunson.com> wrote:
> bhaaluu wrote:
> > What is the equivalent of JUnit in Python? The article says that JUnit is
> > used for unit tests, or you can write your own. Since I don't have a clue,
> > writing my own is probably out the question. Also I'm not familiar with
> > Java, and am just learning Python OOP, so I'm not getting much out
> > of that one. Sorry. Absolute Beginner here.
> >

> http://www.google.com/search?q=python+unit+test
>
> Cleverly called "unittest", though sometimes referred to by its original
> project name "PyUnit".
>
> :-)

Cool!
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-unittest.html

The Python unit testing framework, sometimes referred to as ``PyUnit,'' is
a Python language version of JUnit, by Kent Beck and Erich Gamma. JUnit is,
in turn, a Java version of Kent's Smalltalk testing framework. Each is the de
facto standard unit testing framework for its respective language.

Who would have thunk it?
I'll Google and see if I can find a nice PyUnit tutorial.

So, is my first try dong a "unit test" a total bit-bucket case?
No way to make a "test case" out of it?
That would be a good example (for me). 8^D
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its