[Tutor] Where to start?

William Kilmartin williamakilmartin at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 05:52:39 CET 2008

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish;

I track statistics at work.  E.g. calls out, $ collected etc..

The graph has a rough guess of highest possible at the top and the
lowest number in the past 3 months at the bottom.

It's a simple line graph, week after week.

I need to be able to add names of various statistics.  I.e. calls out,
money collected, proposals sent etc..

It then needs to create the graph, store the names, be able to take the
week's numbers and store them along with being able to print.  The
highest and lowest points also need to also be inputed and changed if
needed.

Ideally this would be a GUI driven app for the sake of simplicity.

What I'm looking for is advice on where to start, a middle ground and an
end.  I'm new to Python and programming and took this as the 1st thing
I'd to create.

I've been studying for a bit now and knowing where I'm going would be
very helpful.

--

"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems."
-Linus Torvalds