[Tutor] MP3Info class usage

Gareth at Serif gmorris at serif.com
Fri Dec 12 18:47:09 CET 2008

Okay, I've moved over to eyeD3.py... fif nothing else, the documentation for
it's usage is far superior.

However, I can't get anything to run.  The help gives examples of some
simple tasks, but as soon as I 'import eyeD3', not even calling any
functions within it, I start getting errors such as:

In eyeD3.py, the 'from eyeD3.tag import *;' line (and similar) didn't work
until I removed the 'eyeD3.' part and just imported 'tag'.

Then in tag.py, some of the class defs complained about undefined variables,
for example 'def link(self, f, v = ID3_ANY_VERSION)' needed to have quotes
around 'ID3_ANY_VERSION'.

Now these issues are addressed I have an error in mp3.py, 'class
EyeD3Driver(eyeD3.utils.FileHandler) NameError: name 'eyeD3' is not defined.

I'm baffled that I'm having to jump through so many hoops because I imported
eyeD3... is this typical?  What have I done wrong?

Cheers,
Gareth