[Tutor] My experience on web.py / CherryPy

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Mon Aug 4 20:22:34 CEST 2008

I am in the same situation as you. I was looking at Django and
Turbogears. I have finally settled on CherryPy, which is also built into
Turbogears.

Watching this Google talk on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WXiqrzAf8

it seemed to me that Django is well suited for a developer team but is a
bit sketchy when you try to scale it down to a single developer.

CherryPy seems to work well as a substitute for all-in-one-page CGI
scripts without the respawning issues or as a proper MVC web application
server.

I set up an account at Webfaction. They specialize in Python hosting and
you can set up Turbogears, Django, CherryPy etc with a click of a button.

I would love to keep this thread going, please feedback as you move
along, I feedback too

-patrick