[Tutor] killing bash, sshd... dangerous?

Tom Tucker tktucker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:23:33 CET 2007

Instead of reading in an outputfile (.ps), try reading from command
output.  The correct terminology escapes me (for file in
os.popen(cmd).readlines():).

Are you looking for a auto logout method? For example if no activity
after X minutes kill the shell.  Bash and a few other shells have this
functionality already.